Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy "Half" Birthday Jackson!

Yesterday was Jackson's "half" birthday! I cannot believe he is already six months old! Jason told me that my friend Jill and I are the only ones who celebrate "half" birthdays- which I don't believe- but I decided we had to do something to celebrate! I tried to do the easy thing and call the bakery to get a cake made, but somehow they were all booked- so I took it upon myself to make a cupcake cake for our little man! I know it must seem silly to bake cupcakes for someone who can't eat them, but we always had some type of cake for everyone in the NICU for Jackson's 1, 2, and 3 month birthdays, so it just seemed like the thing to do. I've attached a few pictures of my work of art and Jackson taking a look at his cake.



We also put Jackson in this exercauser (thanks Ashlee!) for the first time this week! He had the best time watching Jason put all of the pieces together so I knew he was just going to love playing in it! He stayed in it for about ten minutes the first time- eyes wide- just taking it all in. When I put him in it the next day he was like a seasoned pro- playing with all of its bells and whistles!



Jason and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on the ninth! Nona and KK came up to babysit and we actual left the house for a few hours and went to dinner. I honestly can't remember the last time we went on a date, and sadly I know the last picture we took together was at the Cotton Bowl last January.



These are two "after bath" pictures I just love!

6 comments:

  1. Awe, happy late half birthday!!! The pictures are adorable. The cupcakes are even better than those cookie cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out in your blog. When Ford was 6 months I gave him a bite of chocolate pudding. It was a hit. We share some a lot now. I eat about 95% of it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We celebrate half birthdays too! No cake for us this year, but we celebrated just the same! Don't let anyone tell you it's weird! Haha! Happy Half Birthday Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first picture of him after the bath,especially his big baby blues in it! I can't wait to celebrate his first birthday, that will be the biggest celebration ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there guys! I just saw your website written on the back of the xmas card you gave the unit at Baylor :) which was suuuuuper cute! I just wanted to say how happy I am that Jackson is doing so great!! It's so wonderful to see all these cute pics of him on your blog too :-) Hope you guys are doing great and that you had a wonderful Christmas and New year too :) Keep in touch!( cwilliams625@yahoo.com)
    I'm loving the blog!
    take care!
    Christina Williams (one of jacksons' primary nurses at baylor :-)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbow theme is perfect for toddlers. They find it attractive and also decorations for the same can be easier. Also it is never out of trend. So if three benefits are available then why not to make it the theme for my son's birthday also. I am pretty sure about venues in Los Angeles for the tea party. Guest list and menu will also be decided in a day or so.

    ReplyDelete