Saturday, December 5, 2009

November and Turkey Day!

We have been very busy these past few weeks- playing, laughing, growing, and doing new things everyday! We have two very exciting accomplishments since our last post: (1) Jackson hit double digits (10lbs) on the 19th of November! I actually weighed him on Wednesday at Nona's house and he weighed a whopping 11lbs!, and (2) Jackson can now roll over from his tummy to his back (I would give anything to figure out how to upload that video- there is a reason why I usually let Jason handle the video camera)!!! He changes everyday! He is such a happy little boy- always laughing, giggling, and wiggling! He is also beginning to teethe- we realized this with the help of his pediatrician and my older sister- we are constantly reminded that we are first time parents! The chewing on his little hand, drooling, and fussyness didn't strike a chord with us at first- I probably shouldn't admit that- we really just thought he was too young to teethe! Another thing I love is Jackson's always improving head control- it is such a joy when he wakes up from a nap and lifts his little head looking for me and actually smiles when he sees me (see picture below)!


We celebrated Jackson's first Thanksgiving at Nona's house (my mother). Gigi (Jason's mom came), and Jackson was able to meet his cousin Grace for the first time! Grace couldn't touch him (since he really isn't supposed to be around children at all)- which she was okay with because Erica explained to her that she couldn't yet- but she still kept inching closer and closer to her new little cousin. She spent the night drawing him pictures and putting together puzzles for him (what a doll)! Grace actually gave him the name "baby Jackson" which has definitely stuck- as she prayed every night I was in the hospital to please not let today be baby Jackson's birthday. I cannot wait for next year when they can have so much fun together- with the newest addition to our family- Erica's second baby that is due July 4th! It was so nice to spend time with family- especially since Jackson and I spend the majority of our time just the two of us at home- luckily he doesn't seem to have gotten sick of me just yet! However, holidays will always be bittersweet without my daddy, but we are determined to be happy and smile because we promised him we would. We truly have so much to be thankful for this year- the obvious being the health of our precious little Jackson- something that we thank God for every single day. We also have been blessed with wonderful families who are always there for us and have helped us get through even the toughest of times this year. I've attached a picture of Jackson in his Thanksgiving outfit and one of him in his winter coat!


You can tell he was a little confused by the coat!

The rest of these pictures are just little snapshots from the past few weeks!
These are the turkey cookies I made using Jackson and Grace's handprints! (Now everyone can see why I am an accountant and not an artist!)

This is just a close-up of our little man!

Check out these big baby blues!

This is Jackson after a bath one night last week- he looks huge!

These are some pictures of the most precious little smile!




I just love him in this little outfit!


I promise I will update more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment