Monday, November 2, 2009

Manic Monday!

First of all, the older Jackson gets the less he sleeps during the day! I was in awe when I awoke around 3:45 this morning and realized that my precious child had been sleeping soundly since 10:00. That is a record for us- I don't think I have had five hours and forty-five minutes of uninterrupted sleep since he was born. This is a huge accomplishment for our little man! Now I have become pretty dependent on knowing that Jackson will at least sleep for a few hours a day. This gives me time to get myself clean and get the house straight- sadly I am one of those mommies that won't let more than one whimper come out of his mouth before I swoop him up and console him so his sleep time is my only free time. Today has been a whirlwind of a day- I think Jackson has maybe napped for 30 minutes all day long. We have had tummy time, back time, reading time, rocking time, bottle time, bath time, bouncy time, swing time, and any other time you can think of! I thought he might go to sleep after his bottle and bath tonight, but as I type he is sitting in his bouncy seat bright-eyed as I hold his pacifier in for him- I'm such a pushover! We did have a nice visit from Jackson's great-grandparents, Memaw and Papaw today. It was very enjoyable. Papaw got to hold Jackson for the first time- he had been scared to until now and sadly hasn't had many opportunities because we have to be super careful with germs. Jackson loved his Papaw- he smiled and cooed the entire time! We also had our first experience with a spoon today. Jackson's pediatrician told me to try to get him acquainted with a spoon now so we can start eating cereal next week. Jackson seemed to enjoy drinking his milk from a spoon- I'm not sure how much of the milk actually made it down his throat, but he didn't seem to mind it all the same! I think we will definitely make some hillarious memories when we try cereal! I've attached a picture of Jackson with his Memaw and Papaw below. We hope you all have a blessed night!


No comments:

Post a Comment